January 14, 2010

Walking


No, Jacer's not walking - not yet. But he's been really good at standing up by himself and has been doing it quite a lot today. He just can't make that first little step.
So lately we've been working on walking. I've been a little concerned because he isn't yet. Kala was about 9 months when she learned how to crawl AND walk, and Jace is now 11 months. Not to mention the fact I've been hearing stories about everyone else's children (younger than Jace) who are walking! I did hear just recently, however, that boys are late bloomers when it comes to walking. that made me feel a little better.
It's so funny how I keep worrying about him not walking, though. I know fully well that I am going to hate it when he finally learns. Not only will he be able to reach things in higher places, but I will have to put on running shoes to keep up with that little bugger. He is already the fastest little trouble maker I know - so him walking/running around the apartment only worsens the situation.
But it's getting closer ... whether we like it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment