July 23, 2010

Watermelon Gum


Ah. The good ol' story of gum in the hair. I've always heard about this happening, but I just assumed that it was told more than it was actually experienced. Lucky us - we got to experience it. Little Miss Mykala Jo got gum in her long, beautiful, blonde hair. And not on the bottom - oh no - it was at the very tippy top - which meant that a horrible hair cut would have to happen if everything else failed!
So... the remedy? Oil. I considered peanut butter, but decided to go straight to the source. :) I put olive oil on the spot, waited 2-3 minutes, applied some more, waited another 3 minutes, and then took a comb and went through it piece by piece and.... voila!! Good as new. :) There was a little patience involved, as well as a few tears, but everyone made it out fine and no haircut was required. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment