So it's been more than a year. Yikes. Sorry.
But it's good to be back!!
But it's good to be back!!
September 26, 2017
For her 12th birthday, KJ wanted to go to an Imagine Dragons concert.
Phoenix was #1 on the tour list.
Here she is!:
Phoenix was #1 on the tour list.
Here she is!:
The first thing we did was buy shirts - they ran out of the shirt KJ really wanted, so I guess we were lucky to have gotten a tour shirt at all!
When we got in, Grouplove was setting up and we didn't know at the time we missed the first band (which was ok). We got there a little late, but all went pretty well.
The sea of people!! During Imagine Dragons, I took a minute to look around and from where we were sitting, I didn't see ONE empty seat. That's a lot of bodies!
Also, the height was a little spooky. :)
KJ thought the teeth that were part of Grouplove's set were gross. :)
She also thought their hair was gross, which it kind of was. I can't find a good picture of it, but the two singers had yellow hair. Not blonde, yellow:
Yep. :)
They were kind of fun, though. I've heard some of their songs before, and here's what was interesting: every song I knew was a bit slaughtered live, but every song I didn't know was brought to life on the stage. I really got into a couple of their songs that night. Thus, I have mixed feelings about their performance. I did like the woman's voice - the recordings don't do her justice.
Before Imagine Dragons started, KJ began rubbing her legs. I asked if she was ok and if they hurt. She said, "No, they don't hurt, they just feel a little tingly. I think it's all the excitement!!" lol!
She was SO pumped. She knew the words to all the songs and sang her heart out. :)
Their entry was pretty incredible. They certainly know how to build the excitement. :) Screens and lights came down from the ceiling with pulsing beats, slowly building the suspense. There was a video introduction - it was a collage of video and voices coinciding with the Evolve theme.
She also thought their hair was gross, which it kind of was. I can't find a good picture of it, but the two singers had yellow hair. Not blonde, yellow:
Yep. :)
They were kind of fun, though. I've heard some of their songs before, and here's what was interesting: every song I knew was a bit slaughtered live, but every song I didn't know was brought to life on the stage. I really got into a couple of their songs that night. Thus, I have mixed feelings about their performance. I did like the woman's voice - the recordings don't do her justice.
Before Imagine Dragons started, KJ began rubbing her legs. I asked if she was ok and if they hurt. She said, "No, they don't hurt, they just feel a little tingly. I think it's all the excitement!!" lol!
She was SO pumped. She knew the words to all the songs and sang her heart out. :)
Their entry was pretty incredible. They certainly know how to build the excitement. :) Screens and lights came down from the ceiling with pulsing beats, slowly building the suspense. There was a video introduction - it was a collage of video and voices coinciding with the Evolve theme.
The quality may not be great because I had to shrink them down, but here are a couple videos we took:
After an hour and a half of playing, they turned off the lights and went to another stage in the back of the arena where they had a cello, violin, and keyboard set up. After a few songs they moved back to the main stage.
I really should have videoed the last few songs - they were epic. There was an amazing drum section that they added to Radioactive, there were incredible waves of rainbow lights timed to Believer, and a great video conclusion - a great finale to an already impressive show.







Great photos and narrative... love that you're blogging again! Alicann, Mom and Gramma
ReplyDelete