My dad's headstone is up. I don't remember whether or not I knew about it being up, but it seems to me that seeing it on my uncle's Facebook page was the first time (thanks, Neil). I'm glad to see that it is there, though.
Seeing that it was up brought up different emotions. First, I think my reaction was happiness. I was glad to see that people were visiting and bringing him flowers. Especially with how empty the cemetery is - he could use the company!It was also good to see familiar faces. That made me happy.
Shortly afterwards, though, sadness took a hit to the chest... a very hard hit. The reality of my dad being gone hasn't quite fully come I don't think, but I am afraid it's getting close. It still feels like a dream or as if we are all pretending. Kind of like a play rehearsal.... and any time now, dad will pop out from behind the curtain and say "Alright! Great practice, everyone!" And we'll all be glad to see him again and life will go back to normal.
That's when the reality of it hits the hardest, I think... knowing that it's not pretend or a dream to wake up from. It's such a horrible feeling.
But the stone is beautiful and huge; I like that. I'm glad it's so noticeable.
I do wish I was there to see it in person and visit him myself. Being there would be nice so I could also take my own pictures instead of stealing them (sorry, uncle Neil.)
I had to put the picture of Ryan and Natalia on here. There are a lot of instances where Ryan reminds me of my dad and this picture is an example. That makes me happy, too. :)
We all love and miss you, Dad.


No comments:
Post a Comment